Welcome to Best of the Web! We are here to help you make the most out of your membership. To ensure that you are fully utilizing our platform and maximizing exposure of your business, we have created a simple checklist for you to follow.
Links to our Help Section and How-To's will be linked throughout this checklist in blue and underlined.
If you need help with setting up any portion of your Membership, you can contact us HERE and our team will be happy to help!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Complete and Optimize Your Best of the Web Business Profile
- 2. Verify Your Phone Number and Address
- 3. Start using Reputation Management tools
- 4. Install Your Trust Badge on Your Website
- 5. Share your Business page on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- 6. Claim Your Featured Business Badge
1. Complete and Optimize Your Best of the Web Business Profile
- Add your business logo and images that represent your business
- Add hours of operation. Set your business hours to Open 24 Hours, add days you are closed, or split hours on any given day.
- Add a business summary, this shows up on the category page under your business name and sets you apart from your competition
- Fill Out "About Us" and "Products and Services" and "Description".
- Add your listing to up to five categories that are applicable to your business to be featured in more categories across Best of the Web
- Fill out your FAQ questions to better educate your customers to what you offer
The more you add, the better your exposure will be!
2. Verify Your Phone Number and Address
- Follow these instructions to get a phone call or text to verify your phone number
- Have a postcard sent to your address to verify your business address. When you receive the postcard, it will have a URL and a code to enter on the website
Your Verification Status will show on your Trust Badge and profile page (Examples Below)
3. Start using Review and Reputation Management tools
- Find and save your personalized review link
- Ask your customers for reviews (Email, social media, text messages)
- Add your Star Rating widget to your website
- Add your Review Request Icon to your Website or email following these instructions
- Add your reviews to your website as seen below
4. Install Your Trust Badge on Your Website
- Follow these instructions to find your Trust Badge and installation instructions
- Copy and paste the script to where you would like your Trust Badge displayed
Choose from different styles and colors to match your website's overall theme
5. Share your Business page on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
6. Claim Your Featured Business Badge
- Claim your Featured Business Badge
- Add the badge to your website using these instructions
- Save the badge to add to your marketing materials, including email marketing, email signatures, business cards, mailers, print advertising
By completing these steps, you will increase your exposure on our platform and gain the trust of potential customers.
The more information you provide on your profile, the easier it will be for customers to find and choose your business. Engaging with customer reviews shows that you value feedback and are committed to providing excellent service. Verifying your phone number and address ensures that customers can reach you with confidence. Installing a trust badge on your website adds an extra layer of credibility and reassurance for customers.
Remember, the more you complete in this checklist, the more exposure you will receive for your business and the more customers will trust your company. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please refer to our help section where you can find detailed instructions and tutorials on each step.
Thank you for choosing Best of the Web. We look forward to helping you grow your business and connect with more customers!